Welcome to RES EU. This website contains a database of the certification schemes in place and qualifications required for small scale renewable energy installers to operate in countries across Europe.
This website is a source of information and support for:
- Installers of small scale renewable technologies interested in working across borders.
- Scheme administrators and national / regional authorities when considering requests for mutual recognition of the certification / qualifications obtained by installers from a different EU Member State.
The RES-EU database contains the following information for each country listed:
- Contact details for national/regional certification bodies
- Detailed information on the technologies covered under each scheme, whether the scheme is mandatory or voluntary for each technology and what level of education is required
- Competencies covered by training
- Training costs, duration and content
- Details of any processes established to recognise qualifications issued in another Member State (referred to as “mutual recognition”)
- Details of any legislation associated with the certifications/qualification
- Non-compliance penalties and customer insurances